Monday, August 11, 2014

One less thang

I'm couldn't sleep last night. 
I spent all morning crying. For no reason. 
I just ate a bar of chocolate and have no regrets. 
I can't stop thinking about pizza. 

However, I'm really satisfied with this situation. Guys, this is the first time I've gotten my period in the last year in which I haven't been bed-ridden and in agony. And, as hormonally crabby as I'm feeling, I'm absolutely ecstatic and hopeful about this. 
This is what normal feels like. I forgot. 

I wouldn't normally post things about my cycles, but since you've seen parts of my body that shouldn't see light, you're probably not surprised. 
And I do this for a reason. Always listen to what your body is telling you. 
When we're young, we feel invincible. Occasional health issues don't slow us down; we push through it. We may go so far as to feel shame for feeling less than perfect. I know; I did. Others shamed me as well. Unfortunately, that's how we view  many types of health issues in this country.
 But you need to know this: your pain, your experience, your need for resolution is valid. Do what you need to do to achieve your highest level of health. 
We all deserve that much. 

That's all I have to say about that. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment