Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hell hath no fury...

I have just been given a taste of what it would feel like if my children were threatened in any way. I can definitively say that I will be one nasty, yet eloquent, mama bear. Consider yourselves warned.

This is a ranting blog about random high school drama that somehow permeated into my typically drama-free life. 

I typically like most people. I mean, I give most people the benefit of the doubt after I meet them. Also, it takes a pretty severe offense for me to publicly denounce a person. However, once that offense is perpetrated, you are dead to me. Particularly if the offense had something to do with my reproductive state.
 I should probably admit that this blog may have had a bit to do with one of these encounters. There exists this girl: let's call her Sandy. Sandy was in shows with me, and clearly has some form of attachment disorder, along with not being the brightest of bulbs. Sandy was completely unable to pick up on social cues, however, was extremely self-assured in terms of how great her relationships were with others in the theater. You know the type. Anyway, Sandy liked to assume that since I was married, I should absolutely be pregnant. It's a topic that I had avoided with most fringe acquaintances, but Candy seemed to think it was perfectly acceptable to demand that I fertilize my husband's seed (a euphemism for what she actually said) in front of crowds of people and that she would babysit my children, in no uncertain terms. She also had a habit of physically fondling me in public without my express permission every time we encountered each other. Her boundaries became so excessively bad that I ended up blocking her on Facebook, which she didn't seem to notice. I wrote that blog about things not to say to someone with fertility issues for people like her, thinking that her excessive stalking might lead her to my blog, but alas, no dice.

For the record, Jacob thinks she's batshit crazy. He also has wanted me to cut every tie with her for a long time, which I have resisted, because I had enough compassion for her as person that I didn't want to crush her and send her into a deep depression. Knowing what I know about her now, I don't think she has the same capacity that I do to react to failed relationships. So. Much. Energy. Wasted.

As it were, I am not the first person to suffer her indecent boundaries. Which is what leads me to the "mama bear" incident. I am very protective of my friends; I defend them, even in the worst of situations. David lives with me, so amplify that protective instinct tenfold and you have the monster that I am. Sandy's boundaries with David are obscene, and when she crossed a line, I unleashed my fury (a fury that has been building for years, to which she has been utterly oblivious). What irritated me about the encounter was the deluge of asinine, ignorant and poorly spelled rubbish she spewed back at me. Frankly, if I'm going to take my time and write a letter of denunciation, the least you could do would be to run spell check through the putrid mess that you call a response.

I had absolutely no qualms about burning that bridge, I suppose, but I am sad that there are people like that out there, making the idea of forging relationships frightening, not to mention who I can trust with information regarding the state of my family.

I really do try to like everyone, but I can't do it this time.

Well, I'm sure that was miserable for you to read, but I had to get that off my chest. It's my therapy blog, remember?

If you read that, then be rewarded with this cheerful picture:
Poppies with make them sleep....Sleep!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment